- Leith Links. (East Hermitage Place, Bus Stop outside Merith House Hotel, post/zip code: EH6 8AF)
- Royal Mile, 459-461 Lawnmarket. (Bus Stop @ 'HeritageOfScotland.com Shop', 459-461 Lawnmarket, post/zip code: EH1 2NT)
- New Town, Hanover Street. (Bus Stop @ 'Bar Soba', 104 Hanover Street, post/zip code: EH2 1DR)
- West End/Haymarket. (Bus Stop 'HJ' (next to Tram Stop) directly across from 'bagpipe.co.uk' shop, 20 Clifton Terrace - post/zip code: EH12 5JZ)
You DO NOT need to confirm your chosen departure point ahead of the tour, just be at the pick up point closest to your accommodation for the designated departure time.
Look out for your bus!
For operational reasons, occasionally our ‘Ness Bus’ is covered by ORANGE or WHITE ‘The Hairy Coo’ branded buses, both of which are to the same high standard as our ‘Ness Bus’. In the event of a ‘The Hairy Coo’ bus being used a ‘Ness Bus’ poster/sign will be visible on the front windows next to the passenger door. Please LOOK OUT for any of the buses below showing up at the stops:
'Ness Bus' departs Edinburgh at 8.00 am. For your convenience, we offer a complimentary local departure service from Leith Links at 7.30am, to our last stop on Haymarket Station at 8:00am. You can choose your departure point and hop on the tour from several locations around the city.
As we want to jam-pack the tour with lots of great sights, the bus will depart at the designated times and CANNOT wait or return for guests - please be at your chosen departure point AT LEAST 5 MINUTES beforehand to check-in with your guide.
The bus may be travelling a minute or so late, but 95% of the time it travels right on schedule, DON'T BE LATE!
PLEASE NOTE, due to road works/road closures, the departure point locations/addresses may change at short notice, so please check this page again a few days before you go on tour to make sure the departure points are at the same locations.
What should you bring?
Cash - Please bring enough cash for a full day out around Scotland. For food and drinks; optional attraction entrances, any gifts you wish to buy etc., we recommend a minimum of around £30 per person.
A camera - in case you catch a glimpse of Nessie!
Wet weather clothing and comfortable footwear
At the end of your tour, if you feel your driver/guide has added to your experience, feel free to tip them whatever you feel their performance has been worth to you. Tips are not expected, but are of course accepted!
The tour returns to Edinburgh at approximately 8.00-8.30pm, and will drop off at a central location in Edinburgh, although due to working time regulations for our drivers we cannot offer individual accommodation dropoffs.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to attend your tour, you must notify us of this AT LEAST 72 hours in advance of the departure date/time by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please arrive at the departure point nearest your accommodation at least 5 minutes before the designated time.
To cancel your reservation for this tour without penalty, we require a minimum of 72 hours notice before the tour departs, in order to give us an opportunity to fill your seat/s. If you fail to notify us within the required timeframe; or fail to turn up before tour departure, due to the high costs incurred in running this tour, your credit card WILL BE CHARGED IN FULL for each person in your booking party that fails to attend.
If you attend your booked tour; or notify us at least 72 hours in advance that you are unable to attend, no charges will be made whatsoever.
* Please note that due to restrictions of daylight hours, the Pattack Falls stop will only be available from March through to October.
* We promise you will LOVE your tour with us. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the tour or your experience with us, you can have your money back!
* The Loch Ness Boat Cruise (£13 per adult/student, and £9 per child (under-16s), and Whisky Distillery Tour (£8 for over-18s, £5 for under-18s (no tasting)) are optional, and not included in the tour rate.
* In some circumstances the bus used for travel may be branded with “The Hairy Coo” ORANGE and WHITE livery, with NessBus signage on the front/side windows.
* Full Terms and Conditions are available at point of booking.BOOK NOW